Monday, March 23, 2009

Leaving Virginia


Springtime in Virginia and I am on my way north. Leaving here Thursday morning and heading to Wisconsin where I will spend a few weeks with family there before heading back up to British Columbia to be with my closest family up there.

I'll be chasing springtime every step of the way.  I hope to use this site more frequently to keep track of events, now that I am making a major life change.

It was almost fifteen years ago that I left BC and I have been kicking myself in the ass for some time now, regretting the decision that I made then, to leave and return to the Excited States of Amurikka.

Yet during the eight+ years that I spent here in Virginia, at Twin Oaks, I have learned much about these computers and how to make them work for you.

One thing that I would like to do when I get back up in the northwest corner of this continent, is to try to establish a wilderness survival school where homesteading and colonial-type skills are taught. I made an attempt at this back in 1993, after my wife and kids moved back to southern BC. Now the kids are all grown up and seeking adventures and I hope we can work together to make something out of the old homestead.

Springtime is glorious everywhere, but I am really looking forward to being back in the log homes that I built many years ago.

Check out the old photos of the place at:    http://animalboxes.com/photos.htm

And my old curriculum for the Ningunsaw Valley School of Self-reliance at:

http://animalboxes.com/NVSShome.htm

I welcome any correspondence!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Good luck with the trip, Woody. You must be up at home again by now! I wondered whether you'd have company...

and the school sounds intriguing.

Have a safe trip!